frequently asked questions
Written on Jul 22, 1997. Updated 05Nov1997, 18Nov1999.
HTML version created September 5, 2001.
Compiled, written, and edited by
Bill Keyes, with help from Remus Shepherd,
Tammy Sue Keyes, Doug MacDougall, and others too numerous to list. Thanks to all!
How many FAQs are there?
Four basic FAQs (the Fudd FAQ, the Bunny FAQ, the Ground Rules, and this Index). There
are eighteen Supplements to the FAQs, making a grand total of twenty two (!) FAQs. And no,
it's not a record, though it is in the top ten.
Why so many FAQs?
Short answer: Because there's so very, very much to explain! Longer answer: Because
this newsgroup has been around for so long, there are a lot of things that we've
developed, and not all of them make immediate sense to a newcomer. The FAQs are there to
ease the transition from the Blissfully Ignorant (tm) to the Fully Aware (tm). Plus, we've
got a lot of technically savvy and extremely verbose people here who just like to write
FAQs. Elmer help us.
What if I want to write my own FAQ?
Well, if you've been around for a while, and there is some aspect of alt.devilbunnies
that you simply feel must be explained in greater depth, I highly recommend you get
more sleep, maybe go see a movie or take a walk or something. It's a thankless job. But if
after this you still want to do it, then go right ahead. It may be months, even years
before your FAQ becomes official, and you may have to put up with a lot of criticism (both
good and bad -- mostly bad!), so just be warned.
What information is available in the Supplements?
Here's a list of all the Supplements and a short description of what each of them
- Supplement 1 -- The Address List (Maintained by Panacea)
- Supplement 1a -- Who's Who: The Fudds
- Supplement 1b -- Who's Who: The Bunnies
- Supplement 1c -- Where's Where (Maintained by Walter Plinge)
- Supplement 2 -- Fudd Technology and Weapons
- Supplement 2a -- Moxie (Maintained by Scott Bernier)
- Supplement 2b -- NoCoAnDBHQ
- Supplement 3 -- Bunny Technology and Weapons
- Supplement 3a -- Nanotechnology (Maintained by Remus Shepherd)
- Supplement 3b -- Morpharmor (Maintained by Remus Shepherd)
- Supplement 3c -- BunnyVirus (Maintained by Remus Shepherd)
- Supplement 3d -- BunnyMovers
- Supplement 3e -- Squirrels (Maintained by Scott Bernier)
- Supplement 4 -- Ancient History of the Bunnies
- Supplement 4a -- Modern History of the Bunnies (under construction)
- Supplement 5 -- The Ferrotti
- Supplement 5a -- The Ferrotti Language
- Supplement 6 -- Other Interesting Things
How often are the Supplements posted?
The following Supplements are posted twice monthly, along with the Main FAQ: 1, 1a, 1b,
1c, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
The following Supplements are no longer posted: 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 3e, 4a,
The basic rules of thumb are:
- Read the Bunny FAQ. Learn it, know it, live it, love it, send its creator lots of money.
- Read the Fudd FAQ. Learn it, know it, live it, love it, send its creator even more
- Read the Ground Rules if you plan to post.
- Read the Supplements if you need more information!
Is this information available in any other format?
Yes, we also have the official alt.dbs website,
maintained by Snowhare. You can access the Supplements, the archives, and lots of other
stuff from there!
Thus ends the Index to the FAQs. Please direct comments and suggestions
to Bill Keyes. Please direct love letters,
lightly scented undergarments, and buckets full of cash to his home address.
This document and all information contained within is Copyrightę
1997-2001 by Bill Keyes. All rights reserved. It may not be reproduced or reposted by any
means, electronic or otherwise, without prior permission from the author.
The DevilBunnies Web Page /